Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween in Vietnam...

Last night we celebrated Halloween on the streets of Ho Chi Minh. We ran around the streets, drank White Russians, and danced until the early morning. My costume was last minute (picture). I put glow in the dark neon paint all over my body and wore a cape the whole night. I was basically an awesome superhero. It's about 6:30 pm here and we are taking a sleeper bus to Hoi An in central Vietnam. It's kind of a bummer because it stops in Nha Trang (the halfway point) for 8 hours, or basically the whole day until we catch the transfer bus tomorrow night. No worries though. Enjoying the ride. I've spent more time on buses this trip than my entire life combined.
We arrived in HCMC (Ho Chi Minh City) a couple days ago after taking a bus 8 hours from Ha Tien. I've learned to enjoy the buses. A lot of the buses, especially the public buses are where you can experience the authenticity of Vietnam. Traveling on the public busses is an experience alone. The buses are worn down and everyone stares haha. Probably because most travelers take the nice buses lol.
Today was interesting. Woke up a bit later because I was out so late (or early) last night. Around early afternoon I walked to the Vietnam War Museum. It cost about $1 to enter. I'll attach pictures of the museum. I saw torture devices, war helicopters, tanks, all types of guns, and rooms filled with pictures of the war. There is definitely an opinion against the US inside the museum but what can you expect.
After being in Thailand for 3 weeks and Vietnam for some weeks I feel like I have a decent understanding on the countries and how the differ from each other. I liked Thailand overall a bit more than Vietnam so far but...I like the Vietnamese food a bit more than the Thai food.
On a side not congrats to the Giants for winning the series. I was envious of everyone celebrating in the city the night they won. I woke up at 7 am in my hotel room to watch the game live (picture). In forgot to say...on one of the bus rides I watched a movie called Into the Wild. Excellent movie. I won't explain the story but it didn't disappoint.
I'm really enjoying myself along this adventure/journey through south east Asia. I'm learning so much and meeting so many people. It's just what I wanted. I want to see more of the world before life starts passing me by. The bus will be here in one hour to pick us up so I'm going to get my stuff together. I love all my family and friends back home. Until next time...love

No comments:

Post a Comment