Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mountain biking and chicken feet...

It's been a few days since my last post, so I want to update you on what's been going on here on Phu Quoc. I haven't been able to get online the past four days because the wifi went down. It's been killing me because I want to keep up with the World Series and see if the Giants are winning. Wooop Wooop I saw they're up 2 games!! I bet SF is out if control! There's been a lot of "beach bumming" it the past week. Not complaining. I love it here. My new nickname at the restaurant is "boiled eggs." You can laugh. I order two boiled eggs with my meal at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Soo I picked up a new nickname in Vietnam haha. The four of us went to dinner at a local restaurant a few nights back and met the owner. Her name is Michelle. She was overly nice to us and stayed open later (1 am) to drink with us. She opened a couple bottles if her house wine and we shared stories and talked for the night. Near the end of the night she asked us if we wanted to go mountain biking in the morning to a waterfall and have a BBQ there. Of course we said yes! She lent us bikes and the four of us, Michelle and her head chef (Danny) left around 9 am the next morning. We had each given Danny $5 to buy food from the market to BBQ. We rode about an hour through the city and a couple small villages to the waterfall. Danny started bbqing everything he bought from the market...chicken wings, scallops, ribs, vegetables, and chicken feet! I was hesitant to try the chicken feet (picture) at first but Danny insisted they were his favorite, so I tried it. Not too bad. I actually ate a couple more. On the ride home it started down pouring on us. We were soaked head to toe. Michelle took a picture if us for her guest book and we each wrote something in if thanking her for the awesome day.
I'm pretty sure we're leaving the island tomorrow. We're either going to travel up to northern Vietnam and visit places like Hanoi and Hoi An or we're going to jump over to Cambodia. We have 12 days left on our Vietnam visa's so we're leaning toward heading North. Might as well use those last days up on the visa. Either or, I'm still going to explore Cambodia and Laos. I can't wait for Cambodia. I've read so much about it and have talked to many people who say it was there favorite country. It's about 2 pm here and the sun is shining...about time to throw on the ol' board shorts and mess around in the ocean for a little. I forgot to mention this delicious Vietnamese dish called Pho (picture) that I've been having for dinner. It's made with rice noodles, chicken, and a few different spices. I'll try to make it when I'm back home. I love and miss all my family and friends back home. Until next time...love

No comments:

Post a Comment